Monday, January 20, 2020

All good things must come to an end

We did this topic on love in school and I recall the lecturer passionately telling us that love was in the littlest of things. Love goes when we let the little things slide; the rituals the couple used to have, things that are promised but left unfulfilled. The list goes on. This topic my lecturer spoke about was based on studies done on thousands of couples. The studies spoke about what made a couple happy and successful and what a made a couple break.

Interestingly, all my life I believed in how love consisted of the littlest of things but I think such mindset has done nothing but backfired on me in many ways.

I'm beginning to doubt my lecturer and the studies done. Though again, studies like that is much too factual to be doubted. Maybe I doubt myself and the way I love. Maybe it is true that I am a hopeless romantic who can never be in love. I think it's just me. My flawed heart that can never be loved. Guess no matter the amount of love, it just wouldn't suffice and people will never empathise enough.

The truth is that you just can't make someone see the same things that you do. This whole "love is in the littlest of things" isn't always believed by everybody. And that... That's what actually hurts the most. I'm still questioning if maybe I was wrong all along. That maybe I just don't know what love is about and that I'm a bad lover. That it's all on me.

That's why I never wanted to begin anything with anybody. Because the ending of my relationships always made me feel as though I was wrong to love the way I do, and expect to be loved the same way just so neither of us would need to ever experience a possible break up or divorce.

But I guess all good things must eventually come to an end, especially when you meet a lover like me.

I guess your mama was right when she told you this wouldn't be good for you.

1 comment: